Monday 9 July 2012

Soufflé Omelette

This post on Frugal Queen's blog and my recent obsession with whisking things inspired
me to make one of my favourite low cost, low carb dishes for lunch today.

Soufflé Omelette!


I originally thought this was just another of
my experiments that noone else would touch
with a barge pole, but apparently it's perfectly
normal!


Whisk two egg whites- like hell I'm going to
get an electric whisk out for this, just rub a
hand one between your palms! Fold them
into a handful of chopped spinach and two
egg yolks (or one or zero even!) and fry for
a minute. Top with a few slivers of cheese
then grill for another minute or two.


It's lovely and fluffy, until you fold it and squash
half the air out like I do. It makes a measely
two egg omelette feel much more substantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment