Sunday 15 July 2012

D'oh!

Since moving to a flat with nowhere to grow (not even a window ledge) and an allotment waiting list longer than a murder sentence, I've start foraging more. I've been scouting out the best local foraging spots and I've noticed that there's so much unused land here and noone seems to enjoy the countryside and woods that surround the town. I started wondering, if next time I take a bag of nettles home would anyone even realise if I planted cuttings of another weed or even kale seedlings in their place? There are also small patches of recently coppiced woodland where light now reaches the ground and nettles are starting to grow. I could easily scatter those patches with seeds and cuttings and they may well grow.
OH actually works in a lab and is going to analyse a few samples on his break and bring home some old soil suitable fot potting. I have no idea why I never thought to ask him to bring home potting soil before, like when i had a garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment